The last week was quite a busy one, so I haven’t spent a lot of time one the bikes. Last weekend also marked the 20th anniversary of my mother’s death on the Australia Day long weekend, so I kept myself busy attending to my house and family.
I did manage to refit Scarlet’s carburetor though! Working on a Honda CB250 RS over this particular weekend is very important to me, as mentioned a couple of times on this blog before...
I had misplaced the mounting bracket for the throttle cables last week – I found it during a shed clean-up thought, so I replaced it before mounting the carvuretor
As the weather has been quite warm in the Australian summer, I was able to maneuver the carb back into the boot with relative ease. Once this was done, I reattached the throttle cables and choke cable.
I also glued a new reel for the power cabe.onto the base of my old combination work light/extension cable I use in the shed and carport. Although the light is quite bright, these pictures were taken with the flash on so it looks less bright.
Next I put Scarlet’s battery on to charge.
I reviewed and updated the spare motor task list.
I also checked off an item on Scarlet’s task list for the first time since revising it!
Finally, I took another look at the rebuilt carburetor.
I’ll see if I can get the airbox back in and start her again this week!