This week, I attempted to get Khaleesi’s front sprocket off with an old o-ring chain between the sprockets. I couldn’t fit the chain fully, as it was a little shorter than the length needed.
I had discussed my suspicion that the o-ring chain wasn’t likely to fit with Khaleesi’s owner and we’d decided against opening the sealed bag for the replacement chain in case it turned out the rear tyre was too wide. This turned out to be a wise choice, as there was absolutely no clearance between the old o-ring chain and the tyre.
I had no luck whatsoever with getting the front sprocket off, even with the old chain on the sprockets and the rear brake applied as hard as I could manage. As I don’t own an impact wrench and I’m not sure about the extent of the damage indicated by the cracked outer side of the bolt hole for the left side engine cover I discovered last week, I’ve advised her owner that he’s better off taking her to a qualified motorcycle mechanic.
Sylvie’s rear footpeg was looking a bit bare, so I had been looking forward to receiving the replacement parts for it.
The parts arrived, so I unpacked them ready to fit on the footpeg.
I didn’t realise when I ordered them that I’d missed the plate at the end closest to the bike. The pillion pegs don’t get much use at the moment anyway, so I’ll order one with my next parts order for her.
With the new rubber cover fitted, the footpeg should at least stay in the folded position a little better!
That’s all I had time for this week. It’s my baby daughter’s first birthday next week, so I may not have free time for bike work. If that turns out to be the case, I’ll see if I can write a post about the work I did on my compressor recently that I’d intended to cover in a bonus post I forgot to write.