Re-Covering Sylvie’s Seat Again, With Limited Success

This week, I decided to re-cover Sylvie’s seat yet again, as the cheap non-slip matting had worn out quicker than expected from the grippy section of my motorcycle pants.

I took the seat off in order to remove the previous layer of covering.

I decided to try a different type of PVC rubber non-slip matting this time.

I removed the previous cover and checked the extent of the wear.

The previous layer below was still in good shape, apart from the small patches of duct tape and the impression from the layer above.

I ued the previous cover layer as a template and cut a piece to size.

I set to work with the staple gun and  soon discovered that this type of matting was less stretchy than expected, so I was not entirely happy with the result.

I finished it off with black duct tape until I have time to cut another piece

I popped the seat back on Sylvie, as I need to ride her this week and don’t have a spare seat.

While I’m not entirely happy with the result I like the finish on this material, so I will use the remainder of the roll to make another cover. I may even get adventurous enough to cut several pieces and sew them together…

That’s all for now. I’ll see what I can come up with for next week’s update!

Advertisements

Sylvie’s Seat Re-Covered And Starting Scarlet Video

This week, I decided to re-cover Sylvie’s seat again.

I picked up some non-slip matting to cover it with.

I set to work with the staple gun and was pretty pleased with the result!

I gave it a coat of waterproofing spray to prevent it soaking up water if it rains.

I propped it up on an empty can of waterproofing spray.

I popped the seat back on Sylvie to see how it looked.

I’m pretty happy with the result!

Finally as promised, here’s the video of Scarlet starting again.

That’s all for now. I’ll see what I can come up with for next week’s update!