Re-Covering Sylvie’s Seat Again, With Limited Success

This week, I decided to re-cover Sylvie’s seat yet again, as the cheap non-slip matting had worn out quicker than expected from the grippy section of my motorcycle pants.

I took the seat off in order to remove the previous layer of covering.

I decided to try a different type of PVC rubber non-slip matting this time.

I removed the previous cover and checked the extent of the wear.

The previous layer below was still in good shape, apart from the small patches of duct tape and the impression from the layer above.

I ued the previous cover layer as a template and cut a piece to size.

I set to work with the staple gun and  soon discovered that this type of matting was less stretchy than expected, so I was not entirely happy with the result.

I finished it off with black duct tape until I have time to cut another piece

I popped the seat back on Sylvie, as I need to ride her this week and don’t have a spare seat.

While I’m not entirely happy with the result I like the finish on this material, so I will use the remainder of the roll to make another cover. I may even get adventurous enough to cut several pieces and sew them together…

That’s all for now. I’ll see what I can come up with for next week’s update!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.