A New Tank Pad For Sylvie

This week, I set about removing the old tank pad from Sylvie to replace it.

The old tank pad had become quite brittle and was hard to remove, so I used the hard plastic blade of an old fan as a scraper.

 

I also used some heavy duty textured wipes to clean off the glue and remainder of the sticker.under the brittle clear layer.

 

It was slow going but I finally managed to clean off all traces of the old tank pad off.

   

I gave the tank a final wipe over and let it dry

 

Finally, I applied the new tank pad.

     

While the new tank pad looks very similar to the one it replaced, I’m hoping it’d better quality and that it lasts a little longer than the old one did!

That’s all for this week. Next week, I hope to return to working on either Rosie or Scarlet.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.