I Lost A Jet, So My Daughter Can’t Rebuild Scarlet’s Carburetor Yet!

Tonight, I asked my daughter to help me rebuild Scarlet’s carburetor, as her mum needed a much-deserved break. My daughter didn’t seem very impressed by the idea.

I thought maybe it would be a good time to compare the original parts with those in the Keyster XL250 carb kit I bought, to show how different they are.

 

Here’s the kit contents in a bit more detail.

Here’s the needle jet that was in Scarlet’s carburetor, gradually rotated to show the text stamped on it. If you can’t quite see the numbers, it says 77A.

Here’s the needle in the kit – it says D272. It’s also brass and a lot shorter!

The other jets weren’t much better, but at least I can probably use the float valve.

I was about to take a comparative photo of the main jet with the two replacements in the kit until I realised I was missing the original main jet!

My daughter and I had a look near the shed door and on the floor of the shed and found a lot of other parts for the carburetor, but not the missing jet. I put the other parts in a ziplock bag for safekeeping.

“Silly daddy, you can’t expect me to rebuild a carburetor with the wrong main jet!”

So this week was a fail, as is the carburetor until I either find the missing main jet or find time to check if the spare old carb has a main jet I can use.

Maybe I’ll manage to do that in time for next week’s post!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s