Forward Planning And Removing Sylvie’s Carburetor

Last week, I decided to continue my forward planning and finally rewrite the lists for the Honda projects.

I started by erasing the lists altogether.

I then consulted the transcribed lists ans set about recreating them

I added a battery to the list for Erica, as the one I’m using in her is not holding its charge well and I suspect it’s faulty.

I then made a list of parts that the bikes would benefit from that will be needed for tasks in the main lists and hung it on the back of one of the shed doors, so that I see it when I’m leaving the shed.

I found a list of shed tasks I had started some time ago that needed updating.

Since I haven’t managed any of the stuff on the list yet, I added to it and put it inside the the other shed door so I’ll see it when I’m leaving the shed too.

The new lists worked, as I ordered a carb kit for Sylvie. Since it’ll be arriving this week, I decided to remove the carburetor ahead of time and have it ready to rebuild.

Off came the seat and side panels.

I decided to put all the bolts into a magnetic parts tray that had all other bolts and parts removed first.

After removing the tank, I put the tank and side panels aside so they wouldn’t get dropped.

Next up was the battery.

With the battery out, I stacked it on top of my growing collection of dead or dying batteries – It might be time to drop them off for recycling soon!

I disconnected all the electrical connections ready to take out the battery frame and attached electrics.

I can never seem to remember which of the 3 wires go on the flasher can, so I  took a photo before disconnecting it this time.

I took out the battery frame with the electrical components still bolted on and put it with the other parts

I found the overflow hose for the battery had come off when I removed the battery, so I put it back on the overflow vent of the battery.

 

Next I removed the air intake and manoeuvred the airbox out of the frame. it went with the other parts.

I disconnected the choke and loosened the retaining nuts for the  throttle cables.

I moved the cables out of their mounting points

the disconnected the throttle cables and removed the carb.

 

Finally, I updated the parts list.

Next entry will most likely be either the carb rebuild or more teardown of the spare motor

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.